Friday 18 December 2009

Change of plans

My work didn't get a fantastic reception at the class presentations with Marcus Oakley (http://www.marcusoakley.com/index.html) and when I spoke to our tutor Joel, he said that the work he preferred the most was my first drawings of the tea cups. It sounds as though I'm just trying to please my tutors here, but I did realise then that my process so far had been quite forced and unnatural in my attempts to reach an 'cleaner' aesthetic. It wasn't me, and it was different to the approach I had taken with my more successful Anorak work. So I decided to start over. It was rather too close to the deadline for my liking, but it wouldn't have done me any good to continue if my approach wasn't working.
It was evident that I was better at drawing objects with character, rather than characters, so I decided to play to my strengths and continue to visualise the familiar objects of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - the things that signify the story immediately. The following are the sketches I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment